Sunday, March 22, 2009

Dentist Time!

Now that Violet is 3 years old we took her for her first dentist exam! She did awesome:) Not a huge shocker since she is one of the only children I know who when I tell her we are going to the doctor she gets so excited and talks about it nonstop! I think she is just so curious and wants to touch everything(she may come by that naturally-her like of doctors and wanting to touch everything!). Anyways, like I said, she did great. She watched me have my teeth cleaned first (which only interested her for about 5 seconds) and then explored the rest of the office. I'm not sure that the office staff quite knew what to make of her though:) Several of them said, "wow, she has a lot of energy!". I'm still not sure if they were happy about that or if that was their way of saying-"hey lady, reign in your kid!"(which is a little difficult when someone has their hands in your mouth. I was just happy Violet opened her mouth when it was her turn and didn't bite down when they put their fingers in her mouth! I did realize during the exam at how literal a 3 year old is. When they would say, "open wide", she would. Then it would be too wide and the hygenist would say "too wide, close it". And she would completly close her mouth. So I finally had her do what I did and sat there with my mouth open the way the dentist needed her too. (the things you do for your child!) The other thing that she loved playing with was the little water fountain on the side of the chair where you rinse your mouth. After playing with that while I had my teeth cleaned and drinking a ton of water, she had to stop THREE times while her teeth were being looked at to go to the bathroom! So, what I thought would be maybe an hour trip to the dentist, turned into an hour and a half trip! I'm just glad she told me and she didn't pee in the dentist chair....Always a silver lining:) The dentist prognosis: Her baby teeth are great-all 20 of them! She does not have any space between them though so when her big teeth come in she will probably need some type of orthodonics to help make space...fun times ahead:) But we don't have to worry about that until probably around 12 years old.

No comments: