Sunday, November 8, 2009

Vi's pretty. . .

I've been trying, in a number of steps, to work on giving Violet a healthy self image. I feel she's adorable and as you've seen, we've got more than a few pictures showing how beautiful she is. So Tuesday of last week, Grace was out during the work day and stopped by my office. Vi was telling me about going to school and she asked me if she was pretty enough to go to school. I told her, "Of course, but it doesn't matter how you look when you go to school. Your pretty is in your heart."

Today she had been feeling a little whimpy and had been very loving. In fact, she had even jumped into my lap so I could hold her. For those of you that have seen Vi in action, you know she has never been much of a snuggler. So it was obvious that she wasn't feeling too well. So I took her home skipping the church event tonight.

Then tonight, I was putting her to bed. I asked her what was in her chest. She pointed to her tummy and said "My pretty." I showed her where her heart was, but she turned around and asked me what was in my heart. I told her my heart was full of love for her, for Owen and Mommy." She asked what was in Mommy''s heart. I told her Mommy's heart was full of love for her, Owen and Daddy.

I know, a little mushy, but man was she adorable. Her cuteness was off the chart and I had to pass it on.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Brandon;

What a touching story. I know where Violet gets her good heart and she is lucky to have such a good dad. Grace and Owen are lucky to have you too!

Love you!
Marilyn

Anonymous said...

Son, that was an adorable story. Hold on to those special times between you and your child. Those memories are what makes like worth living. I'm proud of you son. You're a really good dad and you picked a good wife and mother for your children. Mom.

Anonymous said...

"Your pretty is in your heart"...best idea! I will be using that for everyone I know!