Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Baby Owen has Arrived


Baby Owen has joined us in the world outside of Grace's tummy. He was born at 3:28, which is pretty funny since our surgery was scheduled for 1 pm. Here's Grace doing a bit of multi-tasking while waiting.









When Grace did finally get into the OR, she spent a few minutes getting her combined spinal/epidural telling the nice Dr how it sorta hurts. On a side note, the ansteseologist (SP?) was named Happe(spoken Happy), so that was a good sign. Here's what I looked like all scrubbed up, ready for the operating room.


I got to sit in the room with Grace and talk to her, but she was not up for much conversation.


So I kept talking to her. I didn't watch as they opened her up, but when they pulled him out and showed him to us, I went over to watch as they cleaned him up.

Owen came out, peaked over the curtain to look at mommy and went to go get cleaned up.






He weighed 8lbs 8.8Oz. (Correction from the 8lbs 9Ozs I posted earlier) and was 21 inches long. When we tried to move him from the scale, he grabbed a hold of it and wouldn't let go.

He's beautiful and looks so much like Violet( See her below after Owen's picture of him eating his hand). Owen came out crying and instantaniously was given a 9 Apgar with a 10 10 minutes later. As soon as he hit the warming table he started sucking cause he was ready to eat. See below. He has a lot of hair with a mullet (Serious up front, all party in the back).


He's got huge feet (like daddy), a Brown-family Chin (cleafed chin), and long, long fingers.


Here's m'boy in his first bath.




He's such a happy baby and is all about eating and sleeping (my dream days). He's strong and is already pushing off with his gigantic feeI can't wait for everybody to meet him.

11 comments:

Jess said...

Adorable Baby Owen!!
Glad everybody is happy & healthy!
-jessica

Sarah said...

Wes is so happy to have a new little guy to hang out with! He's just gorgeous! God is so good.
love you guys!
~Sarah, Dustin, and Wesley

Chris Jarrell said...

Brandon,Grace, Violet and Owen,

We are so happy for you guys. I was thinking and praying for you guys yesterday and glad all went well. He is so adorable and looking forward to meeting Owen, perhaps he would like to meet over some coffee or a game of poker?

Huge congratulations guys! Love and appreciate you guys...get a lot of sleep. (of course tongue and cheek, cause I will be experiencing this soon enough.) See you all soon.

Blessings,
Chris and Lora Jarrell

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful baby! Congratulations! We look forward to meeting Owen.
The Nashes

Anonymous said...

What a cute little fella! CONGRATULATIONS!!!
All the best,
The Hills

Anonymous said...

Way to go! He is handsome! We are so proud of Grace and all of you. Everyone is healthy and that is the best news of all.

Love and miss you

Papa and Nana Brown

Jess said...

Forgot to ask -
hyphen or no hyphen?

Anonymous said...

He is so beautiful! Congrats! I just love this family!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Brandon & Grace! So happy for you guys. He's just beautiful!!

Christy said...

Congrats! Another beautiful baby:-)

Anonymous said...

Congrats! You won't be sleeping for weeks! I was wondering . . . you didn't name him for the American Idol finalist (David Cook) did you? (If you did, well, um, it's still a very nice name). A family name, perhaps? (now I'm sitting here thinking the American Idol David Cook is from Missouri . . .)