Its time for my annual blog spot. And I wait for a good one, too. Grace does an excellent job updating the blog and I know our extended family/audience appreciates it. I just want her to know that I appreciate her and the work she does with the kids. The latest instance being Owen's potty training. We had been talking about the potty for a while and pulled the potty seats out in November. After Thanksgiving she started putting him in pull-ups and taking him to the bathroom every twenty minutes. Two days later, he was able to keep a dry pullup. Basically, he trained himself (some Chocolate M&Ms may have helped) . Its pretty fun because he'll be playing and all of a sudden stop, shouting, "Pee Pee." The parent's response has got to be, "Okay, Pee Pee, let's go to the potty", whereby we rush to the closest bathroom and help him with his little boy underware/pull-up. Of course, when he has to go, his entire bottom half has to be clothes-free.
Now, mind you he still would wake up with poopy diaper after naps or would hide himself in the corner while he did his bidness. On Saturday, Grace had had enough. She took some M&Ms (chocolate again?!?) put them into a tupperware bowl and placed them next to the toilet, telling O that if he went poo poo on the potty he would get the chocolate. Each time he's gone potty over the past two days he has asked about the candy, but we're remained strong promising him that if he goes poo poo on the potty, he'll get the candy.
Today at 1:30 I got a phone call from the happiest little boy, shouting in the phone about poo poo in the potty. It was difficult to understand since he still had a mouth full of chocolate, but he let me know he had done it.
So tonight as I was getting him ready for bed and about to put on his onsie-pajamas , he shouted "Potty," so we walked to the bathroom and I let him do his business. (As a side note, my Mom brought out my old cowboy hat that I used to wear when I was little. She figured that since Owen was all about Woody, he might like a real cowboy hat, especially since it was Daddy's. He likes to wear it around the house, whenever he can, naptime, meals, or just to watch TV. ) Of course, he was wearing his hat and nothing else(he feels the need to remove every piece of clothing when visiting the pot):

Now, mind you he still would wake up with poopy diaper after naps or would hide himself in the corner while he did his bidness. On Saturday, Grace had had enough. She took some M&Ms (chocolate again?!?) put them into a tupperware bowl and placed them next to the toilet, telling O that if he went poo poo on the potty he would get the chocolate. Each time he's gone potty over the past two days he has asked about the candy, but we're remained strong promising him that if he goes poo poo on the potty, he'll get the candy.
Today at 1:30 I got a phone call from the happiest little boy, shouting in the phone about poo poo in the potty. It was difficult to understand since he still had a mouth full of chocolate, but he let me know he had done it.
So tonight as I was getting him ready for bed and about to put on his onsie-pajamas , he shouted "Potty," so we walked to the bathroom and I let him do his business. (As a side note, my Mom brought out my old cowboy hat that I used to wear when I was little. She figured that since Owen was all about Woody, he might like a real cowboy hat, especially since it was Daddy's. He likes to wear it around the house, whenever he can, naptime, meals, or just to watch TV. ) Of course, he was wearing his hat and nothing else(he feels the need to remove every piece of clothing when visiting the pot):
No comments:
Post a Comment